Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Not good enough





Below you will find a giant, hot, steaming pile of dog shit, which was released by Joe Paterno this morning and likely drafted by his son, who is a lawyer. I want to make myself perfectly clear. That is not enough for me! Many familiar with Penn St. football have pointed out that Paterno is king in that part of the country. His power over the entire state and all the people in Pennsylvania was given to him because he brought in tremendous amounts of revenue for a state run football program and when he wanted something, he got it. If he said the sky was falling, everyone ducked for cover. I am absolutely disgusted by his disregard for all that went wrong on his watch and his apology is not accepted by me nor do I believe a word that comes from his mouth. For the past 16 plus years, he tried to make the sexual assault and rape of children go away; he forced his friend to retire to avoid criticism of the football program and to make sure the program was able to thrive despite the presence of multiple felonies taking place on campus, in HIS locker room and he turned his back. To apologize now sounds more like "I'm terribly sorry we got caught, not I'm terribly sorry for my friend raping young boys and I can't imagine living each day thinking of how I was raped by an adult."


Penn St. brass need to step in today and shut down the football program until the investigation is complete. If that means forfeiting games, scholarships and millions of dollars, then so be it. That school cannot continue to walk around and act like these acts are not important, not anymore. If anyone at Penn St. wants to take the first step to resolve this disgusting and horrific tragedy, they will step forward and shut down the entire football program, effective immediately, and that includes firing Joe Paterno and every single person involved in this case. Also, let us not forget that these are state employees who are set to receive a very nice retirement package, which they do not deserve. Rip their retirement package, their parking pass, keys to the locker room, etc. and leave them with nothing! How is it even possible that Joe Paterno and everyone who knew about the rape walked through life without a care in the world? How do you go to work each day for fifteen years, knowing a child was raped in your locker room? How can the players take a shower in that locker room from this day forward? I will say it again, the entire sports program at Penn St. should be shut down right this second! Forget about investigations, rules, protocol, and all the other politics involved, this is the worst scandal in the history of college sports.


"I am absolutely devastated by the developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families, and I pray for their comfort and relief.

I have come to work every day for the last 61 years with one clear goal in mind: To serve the best interests of this university and the young men who have been entrusted to my care. I have the same goal today.

That's why I have decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season. At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can. This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.

My goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the rest of my life doing everything I can to help this University."

No comments:

Post a Comment