Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Playboy Club


NBC rolled out a show that they hope every man in the world will feel the need to watch. The Playboy Club takes place in 1960's Chicago and follows the lives of a bunch of girls who are on top of the world. No, they are not astronauts or politicians, they are well beyond that hemisphere. They are the sex symbols of America. It's currently 2011 and most of us don't have any magazine subscriptions, let alone Playboy magazine. The Al Gore provides us with all the sex we can handle and it's free, so why would we buy a magazine that's delivered to your door in a black plastic bag? Now imagine there is no internet, no cell phones and magazines are the only way to view sex. I know for a fact that most of our fathers have giant boxes loaded with countless Playboy magazines and that's how life was in the 1960's.

Of course sex sells and we all can agree on that point, but I don't think the peacock is willing to sell us enough sex to make this show last longer than one season. If you want a recap of the shows first two episodes, you won't find that here. I just want to give my opinion and let it fly.

The acting is dreadful and the cast is a who's who of the E list in Hollywood and if meaningful excitement comes from these actors, I will be utterly shocked. For the most part, I watch because I want it to be better than it is and ultimately than it will be. I remember watching the pilot episode of Lost years ago and the next day, it was all over the internet. So much so that ABC showed it again a few nights later for everyone who didn't watch it to catch up. Is this show the next Lost? A show that is going to rock the internet of it's axis and force people to watch episodes online? Hardly. But what it has done thus far is make me want more and that's the name of the game. Yes, I like a nice set of cans. Yes, I love to see sexy women strut their stuff. Yes, I will continue to watch and report back to those of you who have found me writing interesting enough to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment